Research & teaching – The knowledge clusters
Bavaria is one of the most important teaching and research locations in the world:
- 55 state and private universities, such as the LMU Munich and the TU Munich, as well as universities of applied arts and sciences. Around 394,000 students enrolled there in the 2018/19 winter semester, including over 33,000 in economic subjects and 55,000 from abroad.
- Headquarters of the Max Planck Society and the Fraunhofer Society – the two most renowned leading research institutions in Germany. The Max Planck Society operates thirteen research institutes in Bavaria, the Fraunhofer Society ten.
- Many other research facilties, such as the ifo Institute for Economic Research.
The Bavarian State Government supports close cooperation between science and industry in order to dovetail theory and practice and to promote intensive cooperation between Bavarian universities, especially between the chairs of finance. The substance of this policy is the further development of the range of training, the optimization of research and teaching, e.g. by addressing future-oriented topics as early as possible and by ensuring a higher degree of product innovation and internationalization. All of this serves to further strengthen the financial location in the face of international competition.
Overview of the State Faculties of Economics and Business Administration in Bavaria:
- East Bavarian Technical University Amberg-Weiden
- University of Applied Sciences Aschaffenburg
- University of Applied Sciences Augsburg
- University of Augsburg
- University of Bayreuth
- University of Bamberg
- University of Coburg
- Technical University Deggendorf
- Catholic University of Eichstaett-Ingolstadt
- Friedrich Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- Hof University
- University of Applied Sciences Kempten
- University of Applied Sciences Landshut
- Munich University of Applied Sciences
- Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich
- University of the Federal Armed Forces Munich
- Technical University Munich
- University of Neu-Ulm
- University of Passau
- University of Regensburg
- Rosenheim University
- University of Wurzburg
Source: Bavarian State Office for Statistics, universities, winter semester 2018/19.